Friday, January 8, 2010

S.H.I.E.L.D. Life

S.H.I.E.L.D.-Self Help Initiative Every Lady Deserves LIFE.

We will stand for violence against women no more! Radio One on-air host Robyn Simone has teamed up with Community Leader Yvonne Pointer and Self Defense Instructor Sifu Peter Whitt (H.M.) for Phase I of a movement, empowering women to stand up and say, “I can take care of myself; I can defend myself and most of all I am worth more”.

On Saturday January 16, 2010 at the Zelma George Recreation Center, 3155 Martin Luther King Blvd, Cleveland, Ohio 44120, there will be self defense classes taught by Peter Whitt in partnership with instructors from Greater Cleveland and the Region. Registration begins at 9:30am with classes in session until 3pm. The classes will be in rotation formation style building one lesson upon another to complete an entire self defense routine and how to react in different scenarios.

The Imperial Tragedies were an eye opener and allowed us to come together but we must recognize that violent acts against women have been an issue in our community for years and remain so to this day. “We want women to recognize their strength, it’s our job as a community to empower each other and say no more”, says Robyn Simone of Radio One Cleveland. Join us as we come together to be pro-active and prepared as we start a new journey as women, to protect ourselves and our children, the sky is the limit and our new day begins today.

For more information please contact 216-579-1111 or email rhorne@radio-one.com

No comments:

Post a Comment